This lovey photo is of the side of my house. We have a extra slab next to the one car garage. We spend a lot of time here when the weather is nice. Because we are in the country we don’t have a side walk and it is the only flat place we have to do anything. I have a love hate relationship about this space. We use it a lot but is so bland. My goal is to make this a patio that we can use. I have no real budget for this so I need to do it as cheep as possible. My husband is gone for a month during the summer and works half days in July (I love that we teach but still end up working a good portion of the summer). I can tell you right now the trampoline is not staying there. My husband and I can’t stand the way it looks there. It was a Christmas gift so we are still trying to find the right spot. We will also put up a pool for the kids that will not come out of my budget.
GOAL: To make a family friendly patio for free or super cheep.
1. Some shade! This is on the East side of the house and is in FULL sun for most of the day.
2. Seating. I need something that will not blow away in the crazy wind storms we have in Missouri. It needs to be cheep and not take up a lot of room. (would like to still be able to pull a car part way into the space)
3. Flowers. We use the small flat space to the right of the patio for our garden but would like to add some flowers in planters to add some color and soften things some.
4. Table. I have to have some place for the kids to eat and drink that will not blow away. We have a little plastic picnic table on the deck but if it gets windy it takes off from time to time.
1. Hiding the shed. Love that we have that rusty old thing but man it is ugly.
2. Some outside toy storage. Having to take things in and out of the garage is hard with the three kids. I would like to have something that the kids can get in and out of if I am inside with the baby. (thinking something like a deck box but they cost A LOT of money)
3. Better inside storage for toys.
4. Movable, but sturdy, privacy fence. I know it will not be a fence but would like something that we could use to get some privacy from the street.
I have spent some time on Pinterst getting ideas and I am very excited. Now if all the snow would melt and it would warm up!
Have any tips that might help a girl out? Leave a comment!